Funny Halloween Costumes Most Attractive For Singles, Study Finds – iHeartRadio
Single and ready to mingle on Halloween? Having a humorous costume could score you some points with that new boo.
Dating.com is sharing the results of a new survey that reveals which Halloween costumes are most and least effective when winning over that special someone. So, before you start planning your virtual Halloween festivities and, of course, your costume, consider these findings:
- Nearly 70% respondents deem funny costumes as the most attractive costume category.
- Cute costumes ranked second highest (18%), followed by scary costumes (13%).
- One in five online daters have a costume picture displayed on their dating profile.
- Nearly half of respondents (48%) declare Halloween as their favorite holiday for meeting new people, due to its casual nature.
- When asked which costume category is specifically the least attractive, political costumes by far came out on top, backed by more than half of both men (68%) and women surveyed (52%).
“Halloween is an important holiday for singles looking to meet new people in a more casual setting,” said Maria Sullivan, Vice President and Dating Expert of Dating.com. “This year is no different, other than the virtual and socially-distanced celebration formats required to safely partake in its festivities. It’s important to us to pinpoint what works and what doesn’t to make the search for love as effective as possible, right down the details of common costume pitfalls.”
Planning a Halloween-themed first date? The dating site has the following tips to help you create a lasting connection:
Choose a costume that best reflects your personality: A Halloween first