Suzanne Harrington: Dating during Covid-19 has entered a new phase now that we are out of lockdown – Irish Examiner
HOW do you date post-lockdown?
Singles have been Zoom dating throughout, but Zoom is tricky even with people you know — buffering awkwardly with unknowns is as appealing as intubation. How can you flirt without pheromones?
What if your connection dies just as the conversation is coming alive? Far more relaxing are the regular threesomes you’ve been having with Ben & Jerry. But now it’s over. Kind of. So far. Maybe. A bit.
So, you might emerge, like a mole in the morning sunlight, as the situation becomes haphazardly eased, blinking at the Primark and Wetherspoons queues and wondering what to do next. (This Irish mole resides in Tory Britain, where we have been told, in roundabout terms, that shopping and drinking are more important than not coughing Covid-19 all over your nan).
Mask on, mask off? No mask, triple-layered mask? Blustering Boris and his bumbling pack of acolytes, clueless to the last gasp, are only offering contradiction. But never mind, because the pubs are open. You can finally meet that prospective date.
Having chatted on an app for so long that you now qualify as pen pals, despite living in the same town, the day of the face-to-face has arrived. Or will it be mask-to-mask? Unless you’re a gimp, texting someone you have never met to ask if they would prefer you to wear a mask on a date is a novel experience.
- Love in the time of COVID: This dating app developer lets your friends swipe for you – Advocate Media
- Cambium Networks Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Reporting Date – GlobeNewswire
- U.S. housing starts, building permits accelerate – CNBC
- Listen: Rhye reaches out to friends on new album; Lana Del Rey release date set – SF Chronicle Datebook
- Donald Trump exits White House for last time, says its been great honour – Business Standard