‘Love Is Quarantine’ is a speed dating show for self-isolated singles – Insider – INSIDER
- “Love Is Quarantine” is a social media spinoff of Netflix’s speed dating show “Love Is Blind.”
- Organized via Google Sheets and broadcast via Instagram, “Love Is Quarantine” contestants will go on multiple rounds of anonymous phone “dates” in the hope of finding someone to date or befriend.
- Hundreds have already applied to participate in the social experiment.
- Eventually — that is, once the possibility of coronavirus infection has been safely mitigated — the happily matched couples will have the chance to meet in person and decide whether their relationship can go the distance IRL.
- Warning: this post contains “Love Is Blind” spoilers.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Twenty contestants. Twelve pandemic pods. One online spreadsheet. Welcome to the first season of “Love Is Quarantine,” the DIY speed dating experiment putting a socially-distanced spin on the hit reality series “Love Is Blind.”
Instead of getting to know each other through a semi-opaque partition in one of Netflix’s plush, private pods, Love Is Quarantine’s would-be lovebirds chatted by phone from their respective homes — in some cases, for hours.
The project started as a way for two, New York-based extroverts — photographer and videographer Thi Q. Lam and actor Rance Nix — to battle boredom and cabin fever while in isolation. They’ve been friends and roommates for years, and after binge-watching “Love Is Blind“ together, they were itching for something else to do.
“Basically, I had the idea of creating “Love Is Blind: Quarantine Edition,” Lam said. “Because if